Trainee Surface Mount Operator
The trainee SMT operator will set up and operate a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines including robotic assembly equipment used in the production of the company’s product. Responsible for the overall operation and care of potentially large-scale manufacturing machinery including actions such as feeding materials for processing, adjusting settings, performing minor repairs, and pulling finished product from the line. The SMT operator works from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks. Checks and inspects operation results against predetermined tolerances.
- Operate computer-controlled surface mount assembly machinery to successfully assemble surface mount technology printed circuit assemblies.
- Operate AOI machinery to successfully inspect PCBAs in line.
- Operate at a high degree of accuracy & quality standards measured by the downstream inspection & test operations.
- Ability to read machine error messages and correct placement & printing problems on a modern pick & placement line whilst adhering to product process times.
- Confident to hand place SMT parts accurately onto circuit assemblies, ensuring correct polarity of devices.
- Be able to kit and de-kit SMT components on and off machine feeders.
- Able to set up and operate the surface mount equipment, maintaining high quality standards on all activities undertaken.
- Take a high degree of care of the components handled minimising loss of parts during handling.
- Identify SMT component types and their different package styles.
- Escalate any work related issues to the relevant supervisor/production manager/production engineer.
- To ensure that work carried out is in accordance with the appropriate Works Instructions within the C-MAC SMT’s quality manual and any deviations from this are communicated to the supervisor.
- Ability to read and interpret SMT drawings.
- Maintain high housekeeping within relevant work area
- Educated to minimum of three GCSEs.
- Note: As a trainee role many of the knowledge, skills and experience will be developed at C-MAC SMT.
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30, Friday 08:00 – 14:15
23 days Holiday + 8 Bank holidays per year
Free onsite parking
Apply for a Vacancy
Thank you for choosing to apply for a position at C-MAC SMT. Please complete the form below to apply for the position.
Applications for this position close on .